Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza, with just over 15 years old, has hosted some of the biggest shots in the entertainment world, who includes, Janet Jackson, Elton John, Neil Diamond and many others. With just 8,000 permanent seats and a holding capacity of 10,000 for a concert, this arena managed by entertainment leader SMG this arena is among the finest.
Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza is 8,050-multi-seat multi-purpose coliseum Luzerne County in Pennsylvania. The arena had its doors opened on 13the November 1999 after 2 years construction. The arena construction costed the taxpayers 44 million dollars. The debut activity in the coliseum was a match by American hockey leagues Wilkes-Barre Scranton had the first game. It has been the home to three hockey teams. The arena is under the ownership of Luzerne County Convection Center Authority, which is appointed by the county government. This arena has had a consecutive change of names; in it was first named as N. E Pennsylvania Civic Arena and Convection.
The Arena building is largely credited to the governor Robert Casey era but was completed in his successor era, Tom Ridge. The naming rights were first bought by the First Union Bank it thereafter became the first union arena. In 2003, the buyer, First Union Bank merged to become Wachovia, the name changed to Wachovia Arena Convection Center Authority. Mohegan Sun at Poconos Downs a casino and racetrack signed a 10-year naming contract under which the current name is signed for.
- The arena has continually over the years rated and recognized as among the best arena, for concerts. It has been appreciated most for its ease of setting a show and the teardowns.
- The penguins hold the record to have achieved the largest sellouts in a single season. The team had a perfect clean sell out, from 2003-2005 during each of their games.
- The arena has hosted ice skating shows, orchestra performances, circus performances and graduations of nearby colleges.
- The arena has also hosted concerts for the following artists among many more, The eagles, The Dead, Bob Dylan, Foo fighters and Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- On October 2003, New Jersey and New York Knicks had a preseason Game
- On October 2004, Former US president George Bush gave a speech at the arena.
The Arena’s Policy
- The arena is smoke-free area
- There is no outside food allowed
- There is no cans or bottles allowed in
- There is recording allowed either using video camera or recording devices
- There is no entry with a camera with less more than 3 inches
- There is no re-entry after exiting
- There is no entry with weapons
- There is no access when in backpacks, or boxes
- Other guest policies within the Arena include
- A guest can only sit in there designates seats as in the receipts
- Each chair can only accommodate only one person except for kids below 2 years
- You are not supposed to stand on chairs, place feet on chairs or sit on seat backs
- Only 21 years and above can purchase alcohol in the arena
- Food selling is only on the hands of SMG, no hawking allowed
- The entire guest must be in footwear’s, ticketing is for anyone above 2 years.
- The dress code is defined; all male to wear a shirt and a pant while any female must be in a dress, blouse, pant or skirts, no deviation.