The Pennstar Box Office at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza Box Office uses a lottery system for the first day of ticket sales for new events. This helps prevent scalping and makes it unnecessary to camp overnight for tickets. Numbered wristbands are distributed beginning at 7:30 a.m. on the day of the on-sale up to one hour prior to the sale time. A random number is chosen to designate the first position in line, and customers are lined up consecutively behind that
The following points outline the procedure:
- Numbered wristbands will be issued beginning at 7:30 AM the day of the on-sale.
- One hour prior to tickets going on sale, a random number will be chosen.
- First in line will then be the person with the chosen number.
- The line will form with the number chosen then becoming the first in line.
- Those with higher numbers line up consecutively behind first person.
- Those with lower numbers, starting with the lowest distributed number (1), follows in line.
- Only one person is permitted in line per wristband.
- You must be 12 years of age or older and be able to complete a transaction (pay for tickets) in order to get a wristband.
- Customers paying by credit card must pay with a credit card in their name.
- Signature on the receipt must match the signature on the credit card.
- Each customer may have only one wristband. Anyone found in possession of more than one wristband will be placed at the end of the line.
- Anyone who arrives after wristbands have been distributed and line has formed will placed at the end of the line.
- Limit of tickets per purchase will be established by the show.
- A WRISTBAND DOES NOT GUARANTEE A TICKET
- The wristband/lottery system will only be in place at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza on the first day of ticket sales.
The Pennstar Box Office is generally closed on non-event holidays. Hours subject to change and may vary for certain events. The Pennstar Box Office will remain open until the end of the second intermission for hockey games. For other events, the Pennstar Box Office will remain open through the start of the event as long as sales warrant.